Today started off early. We watched the sunrise over the ocean and then headed off to breakfast so we wouldn’t be hungry on our tour. We had a great tour guide who gave us a lot of information about the Mayan people.
Once we got to Chichen-Itza is was amazing to see these ancient structures and more amazing still to realize that so many thousands of years ago they had such a perfect knowledge of the calendar and many other things. It was a very hot day but so worth the trip.
Tonight we found a great dessert place. They had much to choose from but I liked the ice cream best it was called Sunrise Cup. We will be visiting it again I’m sure!
I guess you could say we started and ended the day with the sunrise which is fitting seeing how the sun is what the Mayan people worshiped.
Once we got to Chichen-Itza is was amazing to see these ancient structures and more amazing still to realize that so many thousands of years ago they had such a perfect knowledge of the calendar and many other things. It was a very hot day but so worth the trip.
Tonight we found a great dessert place. They had much to choose from but I liked the ice cream best it was called Sunrise Cup. We will be visiting it again I’m sure!
I guess you could say we started and ended the day with the sunrise which is fitting seeing how the sun is what the Mayan people worshiped.
0 comments:
Post a Comment