Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Catch up...

So we've been writing about our trip and in the meantime a month has passed us by! I thought it was time to write about the every day of getting back into the school flow of things.





We celebrated Courney's birthday again by making her a birthday cake and Nonna's birthday gift arrived too. She loves her dress and Papa, you can see we did need it that long. She's growing up so fast! She had already gotten a camera and a trip to the World so don't think she didn't get much.


The week after we got back from Florida, Pete had buisness travel from Tuesday to Friday. I worked on getting the kids ready for school on time and trying to dig my way out of laundry. (Love that work after a trip!) Tueday I took Connor to the music store and he chose a trumpet that he wanted to play. We had to wait because we choose one that was older and needed some t.l.c..Friday I went to Ikea with Kim2 and Lisa. We had breakfast (YUM) and had fun shopping. Unfortunatly I didn't see Kim2 all that much during the outing but scored when Luke said he wanted to come home with me. We didn't do much once we got home so I probably blew it for him. Sorry Luke! He did have fun with Hershey at least.

The weekend flew by and Pete had to leave again. This time it was Sunday evening to Friday night. For him it was a different experience. His brother Bob had the same schedule so they were able to see each other through the week. That hasn't really happened before. For me the week was LONG. I didn't really recover from the trip quickly and I have a rough time of it when Pete's gone so I was running on a low tank. Sorry kids. I did however find time to put up my cool Ikea finds and kept working on putting the house together. (I still have a ways to go.) The kids held up pretty good and were happy to be back in school. Kim2 gave us a break on Wednesday with a dip in the pool. We didn't know how long the weather was going to last. Friday I took Mallory to the doctor's to check her vision. That turned out to be just fine but she needed a shot. Surprise!! To make her feel better we went to Krispy Kreme's and got everyone a donut. That help the tears dry. The funny comment this week was provided by Connor. I was doing a haircut and we were talking about how we get when our hubbies are gone. Connor yelled down the hall, " yeah, you always have you're worst days when he's gone!" Too true son.

Again the weekend flew by but not before we had our family dinner on Sunday. I'm so glad we do get that in our schedules. Kim 1 had a surprise for the girls. She brought over beads and all the trimmings to make bracelets that could help the girls remember that Jesus loves them. They were really cute and the girls helped her make them. Thank you Kim.

Well onto the week. Pete was still home but was to be deemed gone until Thursday. Everyone had to come here for their meetings and so Pete was obligated to do all the after work dinners and such with them. Connor started band and we finally started to feel the begginings of a schedule. Before the end of the week however Connor wanted to know, "When is this going to stop?" He, the girls and I had had it with Pete's abcence. We all missed him. ALOT. His week was over Friday after lunch and now he's home. At least for a little while. I appreciate how hard he works but man I don't like him gone! What a month!

3 comments:

Rach said...

It all balances out eventually. Now if we can only figure out a way to channel our bad days into productive days. that would be great.

runningfan said...

Greetings from Colorado! I found you through Nancy's blog yesterday! Sounds like you've found your peace with the house situation -- I'm so glad!

Bob and Carole said...

Courtney, you look wonderful in your dress and 'hat'. I'm glad it fit so well. My 'little' granddaugher is grown up, I see.:)
Connor, what fun to think you are learning to play the trumpet. I look forward to hearing a song at Thanksgiving. Nona