Saturday, April 16, 2011

All Hail the Champion!!!

Your 2011 Melanson Family March Madness Bracket Challenge Champion

Congratulations to Julie who captured her 2nd consecutitve ncaa basketball tournament bracket challenge. That's right, two in a row. We upgraded the trophy this year but we still have to go down to the trophy shop and have her name etched in. One of the programs I helped manage at work changed their trophy design and we still had a couple of models left. I was able to convince them that our annual family challenge was worthy of the lead crystal trophy (light up base included to top it off). I don't know if Julie has found the spot she wants to keep it for the next year, but the 2" tall plastic cup from 2010 spent the year in the middle of the entertainment center. I assume this thing will not be hidden in the closet. It helps keep my brother, Mike, and I humble. The secret to her success, going with her gut and not watching any basketball over the year to cloud her judgement.


Also, big congratulations to our 9 year old niece who grabbed second place this year. Good job Anna.

3 comments:

Coley and Tara said...

Yeah Julie! I love it! Keep 'em humble... :)

Tia Harrington said...

Congrats! Ana won ours. I told her to not worry about the rankings... just pick the names you like.

Jen said...

That is so funny Julie - nice job! Your pics from the Disney cruise look sooo neat! Makes me want to try one! I'm glad we can keep in touch via cyberspace. (o: