Wednesday, June 25, 2008

More than one surprise

So alot has happened and it all happened at once. Yes we decided to add Hershey to our family and also to take our house off the market.(See, no sign!) We felt at this time that it was the best decision. That also left us some extra money for the year and we thought " hey, it's been a whole 10 months since we've been to Disneyland, let's go to Disney World!" We are going the end of August.

We are very excited about each of these choices that we've made. I am now in the process of moving back into our house. In a few ways it's nice. I am decluttering as I bring more things back into the house and reorganizing as I go. It is helping to clean up after living here for 7 years. The down side is that I'm fed up working with boxes and it's been a slower process than I'd hoped. The garage is a mess and it will be for awhile longer I'm afraid.
Pete taught the kids how to play ghost in the graveyard and sardines. It was a great day and it was a whole lot of fun.

The kids and I went to the zoo with some friends and we went through the dinosaur exibit they have right now. All of the kids enjoyed it. The exibit was done really well. The active animals were the bats, the elephants, and the birds during the bird show. Connor always enjoys seeing the birds. We have a golden eagle that has a wing span of 8 feet! They are remodeling the Alaskan Tundra area and a few other spots but it was still a fun trip.

Last night we were able to take the kids to see Hershey for the first time. She was so good! She never ran off or barked. I think she is going to be a fantastic dog. She's very loveable and playful. We took her new collar out to her. It is a little big but she's growing fast! Her eyes have changed to hazel. They're very pretty. We are very anxious to bring her home and have her as part of our family.
Well, alot to catch up on and the Melanson family reunion starts this weekend. We'll see you soon Hershey!!!!


1 comments:

Keira said...

You sound crazy busy, Julie. Love the dog and while I don't envy August in Florida I do envy an awesome trip on the quick.