Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Through my eyes....

An educational blog entry tonight. Starting in kindergarten, when my finger painting masterpiece included an orange sun, purple cows and brown grass, I have often been asked what I see (more commonly known as the "What color is that?" game). It's interesting that the game hasn't changed much over the years. I've always struggled to explain it, because, well, I don't know what everyone else sees. For example, the pictures below look identical to me (which also made this posting entertaining for Julie as I had to constantly ask her which was which as I moved the pictures around).












I happened to come across a cool website that shows what I and other color blind folks see. I had to test the site out on Julie to make sure it wasn't someone just yanking me around. I knew it was good when she started to say, "Aah, I'm sorry. No wonder you don't like fireworks." Check out the link below to see a few more pictures of the difference between what you see and what I see. There are some examples of what less impacted color blind people see too. Anyways, thought it was interesting.

Julie says the picture below illustrates why you shouldn't want to drive with me. I don't get it....













http://colorvisiontesting.com/what%20colorblind%20people%20see.htm

2 comments:

jamie t. said...

That is crazy! Thanks for sharing. My boyfriend in high school was color blind and that sometimes made for some funny moments!

Rach said...

That's pretty cool, but aren't you supposed to be working and paying attention during meetings.